I can take your communications project from the concept stage through planning, writing and design, and final publication or production. I can also help plan, prototype, and design Web sites and Web-based applications.
Working with your pubs, graphic design, and engineering teams to produce consumer or corporate Web sites, user documentation, online help, marketing tools, or any other materials that instruct, explain, or sell your technology, or make it easier to use.
- Project Planning, preparing detailed outlines, document or site plans, and Web-site marketing strategies.
- Information Design, providing specific editorial requirements, suggested page layouts, functional prototypes, and art direction for your graphic, Web, or production team. (If you don't have such a team, I can handle final design and implementation, as well).
- Writing & Editing, delivering publication-ready copyyour marketing message, streamlined instructions, straightforward explanationsin a professional, engaging voice.
- Multimedia Presentations, designing, scripting, and producing audio/video presentations featuring conceptual instruction and guided tours of your software product or Web service.
- User Interface, mapping out Web site navigation, simplifying forms and software UI, building HTML prototypes, providing interface guidelines, and otherwise helping optimize whatever the user touches.
I work in FrameMaker, WebWorks, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Keynote, iMovie HD, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Visio, Microsoft Developer C++ (for online help), and directly with plain old HTML and CSS. I'm also good at learning new toolsif it has buttons, icons, and menu items, I can figure it out.
I'm available for full-or part-time contracts and am happy to come on-site for meetings and testing. I can otherwise save you precious desk space (but remain close in touch) by working over a high-speed connection from my home office in Silicon Valley.